I find tremendous joy witnessing the magic that unfolds when couples truly reconnect. After all, we come into the world connected. As we go through life, our connection to others is often disrupted, causing us to suffer in isolation. I believe that community is deeply needed in our society and the basis of all communities is relationships. We spend so much time studying professions, mastering craft, but few of us have been explicitly taught how to have a relationship, especially one that you are sharing your life with. I am also blessed with the rewards and conflicts that relationships brings. Research has shown that even when just one person in a couple is in distress, couples therapy can be the most helpful treatment. We live with our partners every day. When this primary relationship is loving and secure, we can reach our full potential in many ways. But when it is fraught with conflict we struggle to live fully. Furthermore, children who are living with securely attached parents benefit from this stable home base and can grow and develop their full potential as well. Helping couples heal has created some of the most rewarding moments of my career. I look forward to consulting with you and welcome your questions.
I am avid learner; I remain up-to-date on the latest relationship science to bring you real life tools that you can use to start improving your relationship today. I draw from empirically-supported modalities like interpersonal neurobiology, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) by Sue Johnson, Gottman method couples therapy, Internal Family Systems (IFS), and Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy i.e. PACT by Stan Tatkin. My approach to couples therapy is flexible and multi-modal, influenced by the work of Esther Perel, Terry Read, Bill Doherty, Diana Fosha, Salvador Minuchin and others.
What makes my therapy different
- Long sessions that help couples really get to the heart of things.
- Couples face each other during the session to learn how they affect each other and regulate each other emotionally.
- I teach skills and principles that help couples beyond the sessions.
- I help couples create a deep bond that prioritizes their relationship and work with couples who want an extra-ordinary relationship.
- I use the relationship as a healing tool, since most hurts happen in a relationship.
- My style is very engaged and experiential.